Friday, October 3, 2008

Mary & Martha


I love the Biblical story of Mary and Martha because it's a reminder to me to not let myself get distracted by all I'm doing, when instead I should be focusing on what really matters - growing in my walk with Christ.

Martha had gotten so distracted by everything that she thought needed to be done, while her sister chose to sit at the feet of Jesus and listen to Him teach His word. When Martha asked Jesus to have Mary come and help her with her work, Jesus told Martha that she was "worried and troubled" about many things, but that only "one thing was needed"....something which the benefits of would not be taken away from her.

We must remember in our own lives to not let ourselves get distracted by "all we have to do". Instead we need to stop, take a moment, and sit at the feet of Jesus. The benefits that we reap from this will not pass away.

No comments: