Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rachel's Crown

This year for Homecoming all of the girls are going to be wearing tiaras. Not all of the girls had one so Mrs. Warnock said she would bring hers and Rachel's up for soemone to wear. I was really shocked when she said "Rachel's" because Rachel is Mrs. Warnock's deceased daughter. She was an ETCS graduate who was tragically killed in a car wreck when she was in her early 20's. She was an AMAZING young woman of God who was COMPLETELY on fire for Him and who radiated Christ's love to EVERYONE she came in contact with. Everyone loved Rachel because she made them feel so special and loved. She was truly of a servant of the King who lead many to Him. I knew that to be able to wear Rachel's crown at homecoming would be an honor.

Alex walked into my first period class and handed me a tiara and said, "This is Rachel's so be really careful with it." My heart leaped when she told me it was Rachel's. All last night I was thinking and talking to God about how much I'd love to be able to wear her tiara because the way she lived her life is the way i want to live mine and be remembered by.

No comments: